Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm having a hell of a time fitting my Catalyst bodywork on my 848. The upper and lower went on pretty well, but the tail just doesn't seem to fit right.

I'm using the "sport tail" so I can run my DP seat. They said it should fit right on top of the stock undertail but in short, it doesn't. With the tails tabs resting on the mounts the whole rear of the tail is about an inch higher than the under tail. If i line it up with the under tail, the front tabs (closest to the tank) are about an inch to high.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you need the under tail? I have a PCV in the subframe, so some sort of heat shielding seems necessary, not to mention the fiberglass itself.

It also seems like this tail needs much more support than the four screws under the seat. the whole rear is just floating, and any pressure on the tail, like a buddy pushing it up a ramp, will break the tabs or crack the glass for sure.

Lastly, it seems the whole fairing lower is mounted with just the six dzus fasteners to the upper. This leaves the left side of the lower a bit floppy free to rub both the swing arm and the shifter linkages.

Anybody mount one of these up and have some tips and/or pics?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anybody here running track bodywork? Figured there would be tons and tons!

Are you using the stock undertail?

·
Registered
46 Posts
what do you mean by the stock undertail?

Do you mean the heavy heat shield, the HW to hold the exhaust or the license plate holder...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the black plastic shield above the exhaust that attaches to the stock tail bodywork.

My fiberglass tail doesn't seem to fit with it, and in photos I have seen of track bikes it is hard to tell if people are always using it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
tail

I use Armour bodywork (with superbike tailpiece) and a MotoHolders rear sub frame - nothing else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts