Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a white solo tail cowl and when I received it NIB the box from the online retailer it fit very loosely. I turned it over and compared it to the rear seat and noticed it didn't have the 4 rubber pads or the spring/pad combo installed. Please tell me Ducati doesn't make you buy that stuff separately???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine fits fine (nice and snug). Came with the spring latch and rubber pads. :confused:

Of course, mine also came with a piece of hair embedded in the clear coat. :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you just got the shell

From my understanding you can buy the shell and gut the parts from your rear seat. It's cheaper option.

or you can actually buy the cowl with the hardware installed.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you got the shell

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought a white solo tail cowl and when I received it NIB the box from the online retailer it fit very loosely. I turned it over and compared it to the rear seat and noticed it didn't have the 4 rubber pads or the spring/pad combo installed. Please tell me Ducati doesn't make you buy that stuff separately???
I ordered the solo seat cover for my 848 through a local dealer. It shipped directly from the home country. It was a complete "kit"....color matched cover, rubber pads, spring, retainer and hardware. Some assembly was required, but everything was provided....and it fits very well. My dealer quoted me a price that was much better than most of the stuff that I've seen on ebay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It should be the complete kit. I live 15 minutes away from this particular dealer that you ordered from, and is also where I got my solo cowl.
Their website is here:
http://www.gengrasducati.com/

It should be the complete kit. If you only got the shell, give their 800 a call and I am sure they will straighten it out. They are a pretty reputable dealer around these parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should be the complete kit. I live 15 minutes away from this particular dealer that you ordered from, and is also where I got my solo cowl.
Their website is here:
http://www.gengrasducati.com/

It should be the complete kit. If you only got the shell, give their 800 a call and I am sure they will straighten it out. They are a pretty reputable dealer around these parts.
Yeah he finally got back to me and told me this is the third one this month that had the pieces missing... thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts