Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am just venting right now but I was pulling into the parking spot in my apartment, slowed down and shifted into first right as i was letting the clutch out the engine shut off and it ended up sliding out from me at about 5mph on the left side.

so pissed. bent the shift rod and scratched up the fairing.

Its one thing to mess it up doing something stupid, its another for something on the bike to screw up and cause this! so pissed right now.

sorry just have to rant

'12 848 corse :(

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Did the bike ever die on downshift before? Is it running after the drop?

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you thought you shifted into first but were really still in 2nd (missed shift). Result being the revs dropped too low and the bike stalled. Possible?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
its probably something stupid i did like that just have no clue as I said was just venting last night, parking in front of my place is not something that i really pay attention to considering the number of times i do it heh :( oh well life happens. It still rides and gonna grab a new shifter today, probably wear the wounds on it till after the holidays gotta buy some gifts for people first

at least i know exactly how much this will cost if i want to fix the paint (friend dropped it on its side a couple months back and this is about almost identical in terms of damage heh)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts