Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have had my 848SF for about 7 weeks and have covered 1000miles.

Looking for some advice, bike has surged at constant throttle since new, (all gears, all revs) i have been in contact with dealer since day one and they have been chasing Ducati UK for a solution. The problem does not happen on all bikes, a few in UK and several in US, reported to date.

To try and improve the problem, dealer has loaned me a DP ECU, which i am running with Standard Exhaust and Air Filter. This has cured the surging, but bike feels down on power.

DP ECU is set up for Termi's and DP Air Filter, do you guys think, that power should feel down with this setup?

I am thinking of fitting Arrow exhaust (end cans) and DP Air filter, do you think this setup will perform with DP ECU? (If i can talk, dealer into leaving DP ECU on bike)

At £1200 Termi package is expensive, i have been told that you can't buy, just Termi end cans, without ECU and Air Filter.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Performance with an aftermarket slip on should improve, since the DP ecu is mapped for a less-restricted exhaust, and may even get better with a low-restriction air filter.

It's probably not going to be as good as actually fitting the termi's that the ecu was designed for, but I expect you'd see some improvement.

I'm interested to hear how it runs with your proposed setup, please post back with updates if/when you get it done.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like the stock ECU is bad. I'm surprised they did not try another (stock one).

Since you are trying the ECU made for Termi slip-ons why not try the actual cans and air filter?

I looked at that stock exhaust and there is a dramatic amount of restriction within the cans. This is not the case with the slip ons and the matched air filter, ECU all tie together.

I have this set-up (Termi slipons with the new air filter and ECU) and it run
s great.

Good luck in determining just what is wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts