Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had my 848 now for a few months and just tagged 2500 miles. It has been one heck of a bike. I'm 6'0" and it fits my frame just perfectly and long rides on it doesn't seem to bother me at all.

Since I got it I had the dealership replace the voltage regulator under warranty. It never stalled once, but I had them do it anyway since it was in the shop for it's first 600 mile service. Also, I had an Ohlins Steering Damper put on for my track days at VIR when I run it. The Ohlins has a perfect fit and finish to it and saved me from one tank slapper. So I definately recommend spending the $650 for that unit if you do track days. I also put on the Speedymoto frame sliders and picked up a Pitbull rear stand. So it has all been money well spent.

Overall I have had a great time with the 848 and it is very friendly for riding around town and a blast for riding at the track. That V-twin grunt at the track is still more than I can handle, so this bike is no weakling if ridden properly at the track. On paper and in the motorcycle rags people get all caught up in the "gotta have the biggest bike that I can afford" mentality, but I can assure you that the 848 does its job well on the back twisties and the track. There is way more bike there than I have ability---and I'm not too shabby of a rider:)

Anyways...enjoy and ride safe.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 848 is a really awesome bike, with ecellent dynamics and just enough power. If you need any parts OEM or aftermarket feel free to give us a call.

Spectrum Motorsports
949 951 3611

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just hit the 2k mark on mine and must agree with you. It's an outstanding ride. I have yet to get it to a track (I've never been to a track and my work schedule prevents me from trying to plan a date to do so), but with some patience I'll get her there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'd love to try out an 848. Sure, my 1098 is a beast and all, but I gotta admit...

I kinda miss the old wet clutch of my 600RR.

shhhh. don't tell anybody though. :D:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked mine up opn Jun 1. I wasn't sure about the 1098 & 1198 in stock since I am not an advanced rider. I came from a Honda lineup that was more comfortable to ride than fast on the throttle. After test driving an 848, it was hard trying to talk price with the sales guy since my smile was so wide. You guys with the 1098's and up, keep them. This was a bike made for the roads and occasional track if needed. I just had a set of Termi's installed and now will be looking for some CF. I also recommend the heated grips up here in MN. Stay safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts