Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a rear hugger for my 848 but I don't need anything fancy like CF. I want something that does not stand out and looks factory. I've seen the Ducati offered one however but it just seems small and doesn't seem to offer as much protection as I'd like.

Anyone know of what might fit the bill on this one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Install Query

Do I have to drill any holes for the install on an 1198S?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The holes are already tapped in the swing arm and have tiny rubber caps in them you just pop out.

I ended up getting the Shift-Tech hugger and the install was VERY VERY easy. I had tried ordering the Moto hugger but they did not take Discover.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The holes are already tapped in the swing arm and have tiny rubber caps in them you just pop out.

I ended up getting the Shift-Tech hugger and the install was VERY VERY easy. I had tried ordering the Moto hugger but they did not take Discover.
Thanks 92GTA. I'm going with Shift-Tech.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I read somewhere that no hugger is compatible with the Akra full system because of the large pipe diameter. I'm wondering if this is really true that no hugger can fit with the Akra full system.

Also, how far apart are the various CF parts from the various manufacturers. If I mix some from different sources will the differently sourced parts really clash with each other?

Thanks....

·
Registered
32 Posts
This one looks like the factory piece but it is centered in the middle and a little larger.
Sorry to bump a fairly old thread but does your rear hugger's come with mounting hardware for 848's?

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
zx10guy

I only know that our huggers, even the one for the 70mm Termis won't work with the Akra's, they midpipe is just way to big and runs a little different then on the Termi.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure I can take some this afternoon, I'm taking my bike to a local meet anyway.

Honestly though I'm wanting to trade for the other hugger, see my post here: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=77518

If you maybe want to buy the one I want I'll trade with you and you will still end up saying allot of $$$ since the one I want is on sale now! Be sure to register on that companies site too because the prices go down when you are logged in!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Thank You. I was actually asking Motto since they are now having a sale on their hugger.
Our small and medium rear hugger fit everything full system that we have tried so far. Since it does not go over to the edge of the tir where the exhaust comes across, they are an easy fit.

Our long hugger fits the termignoni 70mm system as well.

If you have an exhaust that fits close to the base of the rear hugger, please send a picture to [email protected] and we will see if we can help check fit.

-M

·
Registered
590 Posts
Our small and medium rear hugger fit everything full system that we have tried so far. Since it does not go over to the edge of the tir where the exhaust comes across, they are an easy fit.

If you have an exhaust that fits close to the base of the rear hugger, please send a picture to [email protected] and we will see if we can help check fit.

-M

Do you have any pictures of your small and medium hugger?

Nice pics 92GTA. What made you decide on the longer hugger?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pics 92GTA. What made you decide on the longer hugger?
I wanted it in the first place actually because it was just sleeker looking to me, much longer and smoother. The Shift-Tech one has allot of edges and moldings in the design and just isn't as plain as I would like.

·
Registered
32 Posts

-M
Motto,

My question was to see if your long hugger comes with the mounting hardware. Can you please advise. I would like to order one ASAP if it comes with all hardware.

Thank You.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts