Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
All Ducatis take just under 4 quarts as should be noted in your included owner's manual. It's not as simple as "just ad 3.7 quarts" as you add a bit until centered in the sight glass. Be sure to also fill the filter prior to install. Otherwise, the search function is fantastic for future reference:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=46252&highlight=oil+type

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Amsoil...

10W40 is the factory recommended weight oil for your bike and will work flawlessly in any operating condition/temperature.

Also, MotoWheels carries Amsoil Moto 10W40 (and 20W50 if it mattered to ya) as well as Amsoil Ducati oil filters. Give em a call.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I also use Amsoil...but my first recommendation is to get a service manual. If you don't know how much oil to use, I doubt if you have torque specs either. Stripping a sump drain is a PITA.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hey guys I am coming up to my first 600 oil change. How many qts do you put in the bike and what type of oil do you use?
Did they forget to give you an owner's manual with that bike?
Getting an owner's manual and reading it would be a good start to new bike ownership. Answers to these questions and several other equally important ones are contained within.
I'm just sayin'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealership did give me an owners manual but it doesnt have important info in like torque specs too. I used to have a r6 and it had all the important info like what type of oil , how much , tq specs , etc. The ducati one is so vaque. I understand the oil level must be at the second like on the sight glass but wasnt sure how many qts it took to get there.

Does the mesh filter have to be changed after the first 600 too?

Also, can anyone tell me where i can get a service manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts