Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 848 Nicky Hayden edition tuesday and wanted some opinions. I am thinking about having the wheels powder coated maybe white or a dark blue like the blue thats on the bike. I am just afraid of killing the resale of the bike. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
it's your bike. Do what you want with it and if a potential buyer doesn't like it they'll have to deal with it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Powdercoat a set of used wheels and take the stock ones off until you decide to sell the bike.

·
Registered
525 Posts
+1. That's the correct answer.
++1

I keep all of the OEM parts that come off the bike and box them up.

If you go to sell, then you put all of the OEM parts back on and sell it for just about the same as if you left the custom stuff on. Then you sell the custom parts off. You will come out much better off then trying to sell the OEM parts or trying to recover the costs of the mods on resale of the bike.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrads on the bike. By far the best looking 8 series they have released. Keep it stock though. The bike looks good enough as is.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Are the wheels even a special edition color? They look black like the rest of the 848's. If you are weary, just buy an extra set and powdercoat those.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It is 1 of 150, if you are going to ride it then make it like you want.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd leave it as is. Special edition bikes are always worth more money if left original.
when i buy a used NH848 in a couple years, the only thing i want done is termi and a steering damper. well, if you got some BST wheels i would be OK with that too :) but not painted stock wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts