Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't going to splurge for an exhaust just yet, but I got a smoking deal on one and couldn't pass it up. It's a used Termi, but in perfect condition. The previous owner had a dealer install and uninstall it. So they threw away the instructions, parts list, etc. I need to pick up a couple new springs and those wire caps (the ones used for the 02 sensor and exhaust valve wiring).

I've searched and read through a lot of other threads, and found lots of good install info but still needed a few questions answered.

Does anyone have the pdf install doc & parts list?

Did you guys replace the header gaskets?

Other then resetting the TPS before running the bike for the first time, are there any other tuning adjustments anyone has made w/ the DP ECU and VDST software that have made a difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok Just finished the job earlier tonight. Install of the termi's went pretty smoothly until it came time to line up the cans, that was a bit of a pia. I also had several screws/ nut plates that the threads were a bit mangled, from what appeared to be a hasty fairing panel install on my bike. Nothing I couldn't take care of with a tap&die set though. I was also able to source a 1098 install document, which recommended replacing the exhaust gaskets, so I did. I used the the VDST software w/ a serial to usb adapter to reset the tps. That went smoothly after I finally figured out how to get it configured on my laptop. I'm running a windows environment on a macbook. Bike runs great now and sounds mean as hell. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to anyone who may be working on a similar project...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can you say about what you paid? And how long on the install, I was told it comes with an ECU and you need to get it fully tuned. I have a 2010 848 and am debating on cans or a full system.Thanks for any info. Ya pics

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you say about what you paid? And how long on the install, I was told it comes with an ECU and you need to get it fully tuned. I have a 2010 848 and am debating on cans or a full system.Thanks for any info. Ya pics
$1500, 500 miles looks brand new, comes with full exhaust, race air filter, DP ECU and the mounting hardware. I worked off and on over the course of a day and half. Getting it all lined up and fitted well is a bit time consuming and so was getting the VDST software to work. The ECU is plug and play, you just have to reset the TPS before you first fire it up. Do it up right with the Termi, you won't regret it, and the sound is amazing! Do it now while it's new and everything is clean, corrosion free and easy to work on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts