Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Easter all! Hope no one thinks it's sacrilegious to work on bikes on Easter but, some would say, at least at some level, it is religious.

I'm back on my bought wrecked-2012 848.

In the tank to replace filter and hoses and the bypass hose is split. I suspect that it is routed under the fuel pump just to keep splash down but wanted to remove the fuel pump and pump mount sleeve to see if it was connected to anything on the pump mount sleeve side.
  • I've applied more force to the fuel pump mount sleeve mounting screw than I should and it still won't move. This is the screw that is accessed by removing the fuel gauge riser. I think it's just an M5 cause the hex size is only 4mm.
  • Is the other end of the bypass hose connected to something under the fuel pump?
  • Can I just remove what's left of the bypass hose and put it back together?
Many thanks for your help.

Stephan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Belter haven't had a lot of time to work on bikes lately.

I was never able to remove the plastic sleeve that the fuel pump resides in. When I pulled on the split hose in the photo it was just that short piece of hose appearing to end without being hooked up to anything so I assumed it was just the pump bypass valve outlet and just put another short hose on it. Was I right?

Thanks much,
Stephan

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
that's just the return out of the fuel pressure regulator. i wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts