Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there has been a lot of threads about this.

What would you recommend for the 848? I'm just doing the slip on thing, what sounds good/looks good?

any advice is great

Gary

·
Registered
638 Posts
Leo Vince CF Slip-on...cost about $890 or so...

Oh man...Looks awesome...sounds even better...

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ill look into that looks cool

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard anything about the two brothers?

It looks good, not sure about sound - never heard it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I'll take that as a no go on the 2B

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah been looking at those, its hard to pick on online, cant get a good look and no sound:(

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm sure there has been a lot of threads about this.

What would you recommend for the 848? I'm just doing the slip on thing, what sounds good/looks good?

any advice is great

Gary
I went with the Termi slipons with my Hayden 848. Sounds good but not obnoxious. Added a PC-V and a custom map and put down 124HP at the wheel, with only 500 miles on it, so it may pick up another HP as it continues to break in and loosen up. I don't see much benefit to a full system on this bike.

Ducs run way lean stock, so any slipon you add will probably need the fueling adjusted, which means at the very least a DP ECU. So if you have to get that anyway, why not just get the Termi kit that comes with it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the Termi slipons with my Hayden 848. Sounds good but not obnoxious. Added a PC-V and a custom map and put down 124HP at the wheel, with only 500 miles on it, so it may pick up another HP as it continues to break in and loosen up. I don't see much benefit to a full system on this bike.

Ducs run way lean stock, so any slipon you add will probably need the fueling adjusted, which means at the very least a DP ECU. So if you have to get that anyway, why not just get the Termi kit that comes with it?

that might just be the smart way to do it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like that! They sound sweet.....might look at those a bit more

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
So any other slip on news out there...I am looking for some...want something deep and throaty yet loud so other idiots can hear me coming in their metal cages.

Anyone know if having a full system (losing the flapper valve and O2 sensor) will cause any cautions on the display?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ohh and if you add a full system exhaust without an ECU, you will receive a constant error message on the dash.
So far that is not true, but there are no guarantees.

Full LV system and no exhaust valve warning...2500 miles and counting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far that is not true, but there are no guarantees.

Full LV system and no exhaust valve warning...2500 miles and counting.
So did your LV system have the O2 sensor hook up and what did you do with the valve wiring? Tucked away or fully removed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can't get a good sound clip on the net, you can hear my termi slip on's in person :D
That would be great, we should meet for a ride sometime

·
Registered
642 Posts
So did your LV system have the O2 sensor hook up and what did you do with the valve wiring? Tucked away or fully removed?
The O2 sensor is there with a Fat Duc manipulator in line. The dealer set up the Fat Duc and took off the cables from the exhaust valve. The exhaust valve servo is still there and I assume it is still wired. Sorry, pretty useless response.

You could contact Ducpond Motosports and ask how they did my installation. Just tell them it was for the stupid guy that rode his new 848 from Virginia back to Texas a few months ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts