Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It might be easier and cheaper to get your ecu flashed. I don't know anyone in Sydney who does it though, I know a place in Brisbane who can.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did speak to fraser's, have to buy the whole kit can't just buy the ECU.

They told me that if I remapped the stock ECU that I will encounter problems down the track as per what they have seen. Not sure if its a sales gimmick or if anyone can confirm that it'd be good to know.

If it is the case then I may just throw the akrapovic on there as I'm not gonna fork out for a new kit

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
The eBay link I posted was for an 848 streetfighter ecu. Not sure if they are the same as the 848 evo, but if you search ebay for "ducati 848 evo ecu" there are plenty of units listed from international sellers for the 848 evo.

Italian Motorcycles in Adelaide have told me they can reflash my ecu (for 1098 streetfighter) for better performance and to delete the closed loop system. Pablo is the service manager there to speak to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. I was bout to but the termi cans with the joining pipes for bout $900, but considering the ECU is a bit hard to come by I may go for Akra and down the track get a microtech ECU unless some one has other suggestions.

PS it's my first duc, hoping to learn more and more from the great ppl here.

Also if anyone lives in Sydney, shoot me a pm and we'll go for a ride

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
you can buy a s/h 5am and get it reflashed. quite a lot of people now have the rexxer tool, and i have that and another. generally you can get an ecu to reflash on ebay for $100 or less.

i've reflashed a lot of ecu over the years and never had any issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts