Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to possibly purchase 848 Evo, my question is will this bike carry my 215lbs fairly easy? Would I need a suspension upgrade? I currently own a 2008 Honda VFR~I'm not trying to compare the two, it's just that the VFR does lug me around quite easily.

Johnny

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking to possibly purchase 848 Evo, my question is will this bike carry my 215lbs fairly easy? Would I need a suspension upgrade? I currently own a 2008 Honda VFR~I'm not trying to compare the two, it's just that the VFR does lug me around quite easily.

Johnny
I don't own one... But I have the much older less powerful(used to be) 2003 749s. When I got it I weighed around 270 and it did just fine.

I am now about 225 and it does an even better job. I recently installed a big bore kit which puts my numbers close to the 848 evo and a lil higher in some areas.

You will thoroughly enjoy that bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The 848 is way over sprung from the factory. Ive heard someone say is set for 250 out of the box. Most of us lighter guys have to really tweak the suspension, namely the rear shock, to get it close enough to set sag. Some guys even respring it to get it right.

So at 215, youll be fine. And powerwise, the 848 is quite impressive. It will pull you very nicely...

Buy it, I guarantee you will not be sorry!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My other bike, 2005 CBR600rr, with its measly 40 something lbft of torque pulls my 200lb frame easily.

I think you will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts