Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Just picked up a 2013 848 Evo Corse SE superbike as a project for a friend who wants to do a streetfighter style conversion. Grabbed this bike rather than sourcing a SF848 due to a combination of pricing, local availability, desire for the aluminum tank and better suspension and brakes, and planned modification list. Will likely be tearing the entire bike down for powder coating, frame cleanup, and subframe modifications to allow for a custom seat and battery/mosfet RR relocation. Is it possible to swap in a streetfighter wiring harness? Would rather do a straight swap if possible rather than trying to extend or rewire things like the battery, RR, etc to avoid potential failure points.

Also, is it possible to swap on the streetfighter heat exchanger and lower fairings in place of the 848 oil cooler? Not sure if the mounting points are the same or can be adapted as I don't have both bikes side by side to compare. Anyone know?

Cheers,
Jason

·
Registered
153 Posts
I swapped a 1098 SF engine for an 1198 ( due to a broken trans ) in my SF and used the SF harness with the 1198 ECU with no issues. Hope this helps some

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks. Ordered a SF harness on your advice.
Also snagged the SF heat exchanger, a billet top triple from motowheels to drill for risers as well as a bunch of other sexy goodies. Build should be getting under way soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Started out as a stock 1098S Streetfighter 2012 it came with traction control and not abs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts