Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 1198 sp for a track bike. I really don't find the power delivery comfortable. I find it industrial, unforgiving and rather narrow. I have a microtec ecu and have had it set up by a competent dealer.I have 2 up on the rear sprocket. My previous track bike was a Triumph 675 which was smooth , forgiving , and had a broad range of power( midrange).I find myself on the track concentrating on the bike rather than the track. So today I made the decision to sell the 1198. I feel like Rossi must feel . So my question is does the 848 EVo have a broad smooth forgiving power delivery or in the quest for more power has it developed a narrow power band + with an industrial buzz. I have taken my 996 and my 999r out on the track and I find their power delivery much more friendly than the 1198 but i don't want to turn them into track bikes . Truth be told I am Intermediate in Track and thats ok with me

·
Registered
105 Posts
The 848 needs to be revved higher to access the power. It doesn't have the brutal torquey thrust of the bigger bikes. I cannot comment on the 1198 as I only have a 1098.

This, in theory, should make it easier to ride on the track.

·
Banned
523 Posts
what do you mean by "industrial power delivery"?? I've never heard that term used in this context before. And narrow?? The 1198 has a much wider power range than most superbikes out there. I totally believe that you have to focus more on the bike, but that's something that you just get used to eventually. You're used to a 675 on the track, and now you moved up to an 1198...that's a huge difference! Of course you have to focus more on it because it's a beast...a beast that needs to be tamed :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 1198 has the broadest strongest power band of any stock bike I've ridden, either your delusional or there is something wrong with your tuning. Now your asking if the 848 will have a broader smoother powerband????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts