Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a Ducati performance adjustable ride height rod need to be shortened on each end in order to have correct geometry with a modified ttx and Dan Kyle flat link?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Spring rate and preload will govern that. Adjust it to the same eye to eye as the OE and then ride it. Change the ride height to what you think is ok, not some arbitrary number that someone will give you. After all, you bought it for that very reason didn’t you?

·
Registered
257 Posts
The shock is modified along with a shorter eye end to work with the flat link hence the need for shortened ride height rod. I want to say the rod is shortened 10-14mm overall from stock, been a while.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shock is modified along with a shorter eye end to work with the flat link hence the need for shortened ride height rod. I want to say the rod is shortened 10-14mm overall from stock, been a while.

Yea my ttx is already modified but I want to keep with the DP ride height rod. So I just need to know exactly how much to turn down the rod in my lathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, I read and understood your shock was already modified, that part was for xracer. :D

How are you measuring rear ride height, do you have a tool? Since you have a lathe, start at 5mm off each, install and check. Of course, make sure there's enough thread depth for ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts