Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Need to pick the collective brain re: clutch issue on my 08 848.

Bought earlier this season. Only mod "affecting" clutch system is Pazzo levers so I expect it to feel slightly heavier just due to the physics of having a shorter lever. Now, however, I've been having some issues with when the clutch goes to engage it just grabs suddenly and heavily (feathering the clutch is a difficult task) in an abrupt and inconsistent manner. The only potentially instigating factor is a long haul in stop and go traffic behind a highway accident about a month ago when this issue seemed to start.

Changed the oil which maybe helped marginally.
Next step is to change the clutch fluid (it just recently has started to become discoloured). Also need to see how the clutch plates are looking for wear.

If anyone has had this issue or any other ideas what could be causing this I'm all ears.

Italian girlfriends sure are pretty, but can be a bit high maintenance!!
Thanks!!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought in late June with approx 13,000 km and just over 19,500km now (8,078 and 12,120 miles respectively says the distance converter). Initially wasn't a problem. Pazzo's were already on the bike when bought and I haven't mucked about with them (yet).

Def going to change the fluid (can't do it for a couple days because of 12hr+ work shifts) and will see how it goes.

I expect the pull to be harder with the shorter lever but I do have the OEMs and will consider switching out the Pazzo's once I see what happens with the clutch fluid change.

Re: slipping the clutch - not confident with my timing on it so don't do it very often (again yet). Doesn't help that most of my saddle time has been in the city this season which doesn't always accomodate how i would prefer to ride.

Thanks for the input.
Now off to bed after a ride home in the rain (Ducs can swim, right?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts