Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

848 big bore

11K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Wonway 
#1 ·
can a 848 be bored and stroked?:confused:

#5 · (Edited)
Damn i love this forum... Seriously though.. WHY??

I am sure you can find a tuner that could bore out and coat the cylinders for you... But its going to cost you dearly.. Probably in excess of 500-600 bucks per cylinder for just machining and coating.. Then you need to get different pistons too... Then all the labor for installation and re-tuning. Increasing the stroke is probably a totally crazy idea (sorry).

Just like some one had already said, if you really want it, get a used 1098 motor (or an 1198 for that matter), though you are still looking at 3-4k expense.

#4 ·
Anything CAN be done, increasing the bore would be easier than stroking it......but neither is a cost-effective way to get more power.

You could buy a 1098 motor to replace yours with for less cost and effort than a bore & stroke would be, and although the previous replies didn't really mean to be productive they are essentially right........if you want much more power than what you have a trade is in order.

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Ha ha I can remember when people suggested the kind of questions that SF848 owners would be asking and this is one of them. Top marks for asking, nothing like stirring it up

#15 ·
Not sure who has her but I would love to see this one and the 1198 convert go at it on the track!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.