Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Termi's Seem to be the most Expensive.
Arrows Seem to be the cheapest

i just seem the G&G's & i think they look the nicest!

but they all sound the same.

also do all slip-on's have to have the ECU tuned?

(sorry im a newbie)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Larry,

We've personally tested almost a dozen different slip-ons on the 1098's/848 by now, and to be honest there wasn't one option that really sounded bad, but there is no question they get better from one to another!

Our favorites so far are the:

Competition Werkes AfterBurner Exhaust - They ROCK!

FMF Apex Pipes - 2nd place in the sound contest, just behind the Comp Werkes, but arguably a higher tech/quality pipe due to its use of carbon fiber and titanium.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure if i like the look of the AfterBurner Exhuast, i like the look of the Apex Pipes, but i still think the G&G look the best,

what about having the PCM/ECU tuned? does it have to be done with any system?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The QD sound very good and are built for performance--not just looks. Some MFG's don't even look at a dyno to build their systems and they outsource the entire MFG process.

-M

·
Registered
481 Posts
Which are QD?
Quat D

Their quality is great, as is the quality of the Leo Vince's, FMF's, Comp Werkes, Akrapovics, Zards, MotoCorse's, and amazingly - even the Two Brothers pipes are made quite well, and they will all increase your HP, the Zards claim the highest gain, at 6.5HP, but the standard seems to be around 4-5HP for the 848's, and most differences could easily be based on dyno variability, as they all essentially do the same thing (although some do have some unique features, the effectiveness is questionable).

There are a few brands to stay away from, but stick with any of the above and you'll be fine.

I probably won't be checking this thread throughout the week (spring break!), but PM me if you want any of the above pipes at a great price (we just put the FMF's on sale too! - http://www.bellissimoto.com/Specials.html .

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Termi's Seem to be the most Expensive.
Arrows Seem to be the cheapest

i just seem the G&G's & i think they look the nicest!

but they all sound the same.

also do all slip-on's have to have the ECU tuned?

(sorry im a newbie)
asking which system sounds best is like asking which woman is better looking. The opinions vary widely.

I suggest you look for clips and other members and buy the one you like. Unless you are looking for a system to please others.

if you are getting only slipons, you can get away without tuning.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like the Quat D, Leo Vince, and the Werkes units. I want a black/dark exhaust though.
I got the Quat D from Martin at Moto and love it. sound is awesome and the love the quality. its dark just the way you like it and trust me, make no mistake when you ride by others! they know... :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I got the Quat D from Martin at Moto and love it. sound is awesome and the love the quality. its dark just the way you like it and trust me, make no mistake when you ride by others! they know... :)
Any pictures of your bike with the Quat D? I'm really interested. I plan on upgrading pipes with tax return cash. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it possible to get the dark arrow's with carbon end caps?
Technically yes. What you would have to do is order an additional end cap in carbon and replace it yourself as it will not be an option provided by Arrow. IIRC, the carbon caps are about $80 each so from a cost standpoint you will be at about the same price as the full carbon system at that point.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts