Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm anything but mechanically savvy, so i apologize if these questions seem dumb.

I ordered a pack of black sprocket nuts on eBay and a rear/front axle nut packaged deal. Firstly, i ordered the 796/1100 hyper wheel nut package cause it was cheaper. I'm pretty sure they'll fit the NON-SP 821HM, can anyone confirm this?

I def don't have tools to put the wheel nuts on, is this a pretty quick job for any duc mechanic? And how about the sprocket nuts, whats involved with those? Do I need to tighten them to a certain torque and put them on in a specific order? I might just have the mechanic put them on when I bring in my bike for it's next service.

Anyone know what size air valves I can purchase to put on my bike? I want those black as well..

The suspension seems pretty soft. Coming to a stop the forks dip pretty low. Also, the rear suspension seems to sit low when I'm on the bike. I weigh 175-180lbs (79-82kgs). Has anyone with a NON-SP replaced the rear spring or anything like that? I'm thinking it might help with wheelies a bit too, but maybe I'm wrong. And wheelies aren't really my main incentive anyway, that'd be corners and bumps.

I put on a REMUS hyper cone slip-on. Just wondering if that means the CAT is no longer in my bike. Also, should I do a servo delete? I'm not really sure how to do that, but i've heard good things.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
You should have a special tools they see it on ebay I did on my very easy but you have to be very careful because the torque is less because it is aluminum and get damage very easy i did it but I used safety wire just in case. also you can use aluminum foil, tape, or plastic and not get the just damage they will send you spec.

Another advise that I will give you is that you purchase a ducati no a japanese bike always get the best on after market parts or the one ducati recommend because cheap parts can be more expensive that if anything go wrong. When I got my bike I went to get the non SP because of a price but end up getting the SP and i don't regret it suspension better bike lighter faster and looker sexier too.

The air valve you can get it anywhere waltmart you want save $$$ universal size all the same car bike.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts