Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to remove the clutch case to change my plates. manual just says "work clutch" . does anybody have tips on how to remove the pin or if you have to?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looking at your pics ..if you wound out the clutch pushrod as it shows...it doesn't always go back in...be mindful of that reinstalling...that said, I think the manual was assuming the pressure from the plates would be enough to free the cover on its own... however triple bond has a tenacious grip and will probably require a bit of prying...there should be a series of tangs along the case where you could position a lever of sorts to pry...gently... patiently...with an occasional rap from a rubber mallet...it should free up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe you are missing a bolt. There are 2 that arent easily seen. Also, the belt cover will be slightly in the way while removing it. I have the carbon cover and made a small notch in mine to aid in removal as opposed to removing the cover every time I wanted it off

·
Registered
160 Posts
Also, can I get a better pic of your gecko racing rearsets please? Are you happy with them? Any things a projected buyer might be interested in knowing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're pretty solid honestly , interchangeable segments for reduced cost if you have to repair them. scraped the peg in the canyons perhaps the durability kept me up . all bolt are off thoe i was just wondering about the clutch pin and how it interlocks to the pressure plate if removing or detaching is necessary to get the cover off

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
They're pretty solid honestly , interchangeable segments for reduced cost if you have to repair them. scraped the peg in the canyons perhaps the durability kept me up . all bolt are off thoe i was just wondering about the clutch pin and how it interlocks to the pressure plate if removing or detaching is necessary to get the cover off
A top the pressure plate is a T that is captured by the clutch part sticking out of the case...it will release naturally as the case is separated...however if the T part is not longer seated or snug in position in the pressure plate, once you release it, the only way to reseat it is disassembly...keep that well in mind when replacing a clutch cable...simple procedure quickly becomes an afternoon project

1 - 7 of 7 Posts