Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SON OF A BISCUIT!!! While doing the factory pro detent mod to eliminate false 5-6 neutral as well as make it easier to find neutral I discovered the clutch pressure plate is cracked up. I believe it probably happened because I started using engine braking more aggressively. I ordered a new billet piece and did the 2 day shilling to get back on the road. The bike is used as daily transportation so I hate to have it down. The broken piece was very difficult to get out. The spring pockets are spread out locking it into the Adler slipper piece. I dont have a clear cover yet but the pressure plate ordered is black with a red spring retainer . I tried to braze the piece for a temp fix but then noticed the other cracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Frustrating indeed, yet lucky you found it before it fractured to bits and caused more damage.

Educate me, what is the shift mod all about? Links to a write up somewhere?

The false neutrals I still get are few and always my fault by not using enough pressure to shift.

Does this mod eliminate the need for so much force to make a clean shift?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually takes more force to shift but it's a positive feel when it happens. Like a pop them locked in gear till you change. I'm reading that the shifting issue is a common Ducati trait. The kit uses a ceramic ball bearing roller and a thicker stronger spring. The bearing is ment to make a smoother roll. The company that makes this kit is Factory Pro. It is sold a few places. I believe there is another company making one too but dont quote me on that. Factory pro's website is very hard to navigate but here is a links
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodd_939,HYPERmotard,16.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts