Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 800ss with normal OEM mirrors. But i see that many of you guys have very cool aftermarket mirrors. Can you tell me which ones you have, are they ducati aswell?

Regards,

Robzy

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Mirror options

Ducati performance have mirrors that are not like table tennis bats.

I bought mine from Haldanes in Auckland New Zealand. These are integrated turn signals as well, but I did mod the LEDs as I did not think they were bright enough. eBay is not a bad place to start. kwaka ZX9 mirrors fit the bolt spacing - the aftermarket ones on eBay, which I bought are better than stock, but pretty crappy.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Kawasaki ZX-9 mirrors work great on the SS after a slight rework of the mounting bracket (with a Dremel tool) to accommodate the wider bolt spacing. There are Aftermarket copies out there, but I would buy the OE parts - much better quality. These mirrors not only have the roughly same projection and surface area as the stock mirrors, but the shape is much more in keeping with the SS bodywork (more rounded periphery).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ran across this site when I needed to replace a lens that must have been hit by a rock and shattered last weekend. He was able to help me out for $6 including shipping. There are 10 different models to choose from for our 800SS including an LED model I'm interested in. I tried installing LED in my current mirrors but the OEM bulb was more visible.
http://www.moto-science.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts