Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone converted an SS to a handlebar? Does the top triple from a Monster, Hyper, etc. fit an '05 800SS? I'm looking to convert my SS to a more comfortable riding position for both track and street. Thanks and ride safe.

Mark

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 96 900SS, so I really don't know if this will apply, BUT I ended up getting some Monster triple trees, bolted everything together and realized the bar smacks right into the fairing.

You have options, but none without altering the look of your SS if you will not diviate from the handlebar coversion. Either trim down the fairing/windshield (I woud ebay for damaged pieces if you go this route, and store your stock items) OR what I will end up doing...Make a pseudo Monster/naked SS.

Last option...buy higher clip-ons...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was looking at that after I posted to see if other options may work. I plan on keeping the upper fairing (or portions of it anyway). So, it seems I may need to try to find some heli-bars on ebay or something if I want to raise the handlebars at all.

Ride safe

·
Registered
207 Posts
Try one of the clip sets with adjustable angles like Speedymoto, Gilles, etc. Or a set of clipons with less of a drop angle. I've been running a set of LSL Sport Match ones that have a 7 degree drop, they're much more comfortable than the stock ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I remember seeing a newer Supersport on this forum with a handle bar conversion. I think it was a yellow bike. It's in one of those clip on threads... of which there are a ton.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
So 800SSrider I mounted a new set of Apex clip on's and remember you wanting to do this so I change my bars to the Monster/flat track style and went for a ride. Very cool ! Changed them back to my style of riding but that was a cool ride.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Try one of the clip sets with adjustable angles like Speedymoto, Gilles, etc. Or a set of clipons with less of a drop angle. I've been running a set of LSL Sport Match ones that have a 7 degree drop, they're much more comfortable than the stock ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App
or go the cheaper Rte: Flip your mount from left to right side, I've done this and not very hard to do but what it will do is give the bar a upward angle by just swapping mounts L to R side.
Mine been like that for 6 years, now I have the Apex. Very comfy for the daily rider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I'm still working on the final form for the bike in my mind. I like the ideas though.

Ride safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts