Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the coffin style levers for both the clutch and brake, they don't fit very nicely with the woodcraft clipons. Any suggestions? I was thinking of swapping them for the used ones from a monster or 748. Do I need to change the calipers, rotors and lines as well? I wanted to not change those, any other models that might allow for a quick swap?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mispelled title... I am doing 3 things at the same time here @ work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
quick question...What are "coffin style" levers ?

If you are just changing your levers over, all you need to do is change the levers. If i stand corrected, the early 748's had the same levers on them. Not owning a 800SS, i could not be sure, but i know my old 2000MY 750SS had the same levers. But they should be the same levers as 900SS, 1000DS etc. (not the same as some ST and the 620SS)

If you are looking to change master cylinders over, you may need new brake lines, but even that i doubt. I changed my 620SS from its master cylinders over to a 999 set up and it all bolted straight on to the same hoses.

Most of the different master cylinders will swap over without much of an issue. It only really becomes an issue if you start changing calipers and forks over. The 999 (4 pad calipers) has hose banjo mounts on the side of the calipers, while the SS (2 pad calipers) have their banjo fittings on the end of the calipers. both have the same mounting bolt spacing...

If you just need new levers, try e-bay. Fairly cheap. This is where i buy all the levers for my race bikes. If you are talking about new master cylinders and your not changing anything else, i would go with 900/1000SS (or other bikes in the range that use these masters.) units as the radial masters may require new hoses at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts