Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat we are all riding to springfirld to Halls.

Sun I am going to do a 140 mile loop. New member Mike 848 is comming. We will start out at the BP station on long road. (hwy64/40 and long rd) Meet at 9am kickstands up at 920am. Route is Wild hrse creek-T-V-47-94-D-T-TT-94-47-100-T-Wildhorse creek.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey all , Im the Mike he's referring to , looking forward to meeting everyone soon ,see some of ya Sunday

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mike

I rode with you last sunday. I was on the slow multi. You will have fun with these guys.....................more of a normal pace.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will not be riding but will see you then. Camera will be with me. Another photo op.

I am trying to get photos of all of our members and their toys.

Gary

PS- they will end up on a website somewhere (or on the wall of the Post Office)!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rob- Thanks for leading.

Carlos- thanks for suggesting the destination and I am glad you got your exercise in.

Happy to see everyone got back!

Gary

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks to Rob, Drew and Vito for keeping me company on the ride to Halls. It a pretty boring ride by yourself. Breakfast at the diner across the street from Halls was pretty tasty and Brian at Halls finished by the time we were done eating. We then decided to head to Edwardsville to check out the Aprilia dealer there. Vernon, the owner was very gracious and sent out to get us bottles of water. Very nice. Vito fell in love with an Aprilia Mille, specially after Vernon started her up. A new bike may be in his future! The only rub on the day, was that I understimated the range I have on my gas tank after the low fuel light comes on, and ended up running out of gas about 3/4 mile from the Dorsett exit. Pushing the monster in the heat was not fun, definitely a workout. But once I gassed up I met Rob at Pei Wei and we had a nice late lunch. Gary, how'd the pictures come out?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Prints should be ready by next weekend.

All the riders will get one.

Eventually, on the DucatiSTL.com site, in the Gallery, there will be photos of all of the members.

Rides will eventually be posted there as well.

Gary

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks to Rob, Drew and Vito for keeping me company on the ride to Halls. It a pretty boring ride by yourself. Breakfast at the diner across the street from Halls was pretty tasty and Brian at Halls finished by the time we were done eating. We then decided to head to Edwardsville to check out the Aprilia dealer there. Vernon, the owner was very gracious and sent out to get us bottles of water. Very nice. Vito fell in love with an Aprilia Mille, specially after Vernon started her up. A new bike may be in his future! The only rub on the day, was that I understimated the range I have on my gas tank after the low fuel light comes on, and ended up running out of gas about 3/4 mile from the Dorsett exit. Pushing the monster in the heat was not fun, definitely a workout. But once I gassed up I met Rob at Pei Wei and we had a nice late lunch. Gary, how'd the pictures come out?
holy shit! :eek: Carlos i feel horrible about this! i can't believe this happened! we all looked back right at dorsett and you were gone so i assumed you got gas back at st. charles rock road or mcdonald not that you ran out of gas! i guess you were weaving towards the shoulder when it sputtered empty on ya so that's how we missed seeing ya. man i feel bad. :(

just out of curiosity, how many miles did you get till the light came on? mine typically hits at 150 miles. sometimes it never comes on or never turns off after filling up. so when i hit one fifty on the odometer i know im running close to low. the farthest i have stretched it was 170 and i was sweating bullets the last few miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No worries Drew, its my own fault for gambling when I should know better. Anyway, the light came on right about 99-100 miles. This morning it came on earlier around 90 miles, but I didn't hesitate and signaled for a gas stop.

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Prints should be ready by next weekend.

All the riders will get one.

Eventually, on the DucatiSTL.com site, in the Gallery, there will be photos of all of the members.

Rides will eventually be posted there as well.

Gary
Ride photos are up.

Guys, feel free to post any club images or whatever to the gallery on the site. A quick registration and you can show off the bike, rides, etc. I know some of us have an album already, so ya'll can check out my sweet yellow Monster...

-Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rob M. Thanks for leading the ride Sunday , had a good time was nice to meet everyone , look forward to next time , I bailed early only to take my kid to a movie otherwise I would have rode some more , the new tires felt great . Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts