Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive heard In 2013,2014, Ducati will release a 799or an 849 model? The Ducati 799 849 will replace the 848 and use the smaller version of the new superquadro1199 motor. Rumors? Or true?

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Congrats, you just started the rumor... Now elaborate on it, add some plausible details and one outrageous one to get people shouting at each other, and you've got the makings of a good rumor thread.

(of course there will be a smaller Panigale, there always is one, I heard this one will have electronically adjustable ride height and steering assistance for smaller/female riders... Discuss...)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I can hardly wait! I mean, like everyone wants a smaller dick! Right? :)

Edit. .... Oops my bad. I thought this was Chit Chat. :)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Hey! I take exception to that! I may have issues but Asslexio is a really nice guy. He has a 749 so I think he likes small ones too. :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Sol, this subject has been discussed in other threads, but to address your question seriously: these are rumors only. I've only read comments from one forum member who claims inside knowledge that such a bike is coming, but he hasn't given anything to back that up.

The current 848 is raced around the world, and makes a superior road bike. A change to an extremely short-stroke engine would take away some of the beloved midrange in search of higher top end, which isn't so useable on the street. To retain the midrange you would need to up displacement which might rule a mini Panigale out of most racing classes. SO, to be successful with an engine switch Ducati would have to maintain the midrange AND increase the top end WHILE keeping the displacement at no more than 848cc. A tall order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts