Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just want to consult. I feel like my clutch is feeling shallow as in it engages (moves the bike) near when the lever is almost released. Does this mean it's near its life? What will I need to purchase to replace it and has anyone done this themselves? I've got about 13,000 kms now and loves using the wet clutch to slow myself before arriving at corners.

Also is there a way to increase the idle? The engine died twice on me today. Not sure why, I'm just thinking that it might be the idle. Died while on traffic so I was giving it gas.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My clutch has always been 'shallow'. I just assumed it was normal. Had the bike used with 4000 miles now got 13000 and it hasn't changed.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. My bike died on me a couple of times. I guess I'm just being over sensitive due to that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have you changed the clutch fluid , I would start there. May have air in the line. On the idle I think it has to be done thru the computer. My 1100 had a low idle and stalled from time to time . When my mechnic did the 7500 mile check up he reset the idle to 1300 and it has not changed in 3000 miles and it has never stalled since.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will see how my ride goes tomorrow. Myb I would need to re-bleed that clutch line, wouldn't hurt. Usually though if there's air in there the lever would need to be pulled all the way to the grips before anything is to happen.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will see how my ride goes tomorrow. Myb I would need to re-bleed that clutch line, wouldn't hurt. Usually though if there's air in there the lever would need to be pulled all the way to the grips before anything is to happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts