Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is not so rare, but today I spoke with a guy who will be converting his 796 to a traditional swingarm/spoked wheel/knobby setup for his gravel & backroad excursions. Said he found a 999 swingarm on ebay for about $45, and that a wheel is around $300-ish.

Sounds right up my alley to replace the aging DRZ400 with 436 kit. The Duc is only 60 pounds heavier, give or take. Not counting the large capacity $1000 aftermarket tank...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Forgive me if this is not so rare, but today I spoke with a guy who will be converting his 796 to a traditional swingarm/spoked wheel/knobby setup for his gravel & backroad excursions. Said he found a 999 swingarm on ebay for about $45, and that a wheel is around $300-ish.

Sounds right up my alley to replace the aging DRZ400 with 436 kit. The Duc is only 60 pounds heavier, give or take. Not counting the large capacity $1000 aftermarket tank...
Where you located? I am looking for another DR-Z (S or SM).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got pics....

My Buddy was planning on doing that... wanted to see what that would look like...

all the best

·
Registered
290 Posts
Let me just say that when I brought this up, I got crucified. I still think its a good idea, and think it would look friggin cool. No pink streamers needed! teehee hee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts