Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
That was what mine did. This started last fall with a check engine light. I was getting a check engine light all the time. I would bring it in and the dealership would clear the code and tell me it was an O2 sensor and to not rev the engine hard when cold (I don't). I got the check engine light again, and said screw it about bringing it in. Then it began to not even want to idle. That is when I found the broken hose. I replaced it and it started right up and the check engine light cleared itself.

Then got the check engine light again a few days back, that's when I replaced the clear plastic hose that had yellowed and hardened with a new piece. CE Light cleared itself.

I left it at the dealership since I had to leave for work for 3 weeks. So I won't pick it up until after the 14th.
My dealer told me today my CE light for the O2 sensor is caused by my full exhaust with stock ecu

·
Registered
255 Posts
well, i find this issue interesting, i went to work the other morning on the 796, temp -2.5C, tried starting, thought i'd loose the battery it took so long, using no throttle at first i got the sh*ts and gave it a turn or 2, finally it started and everything normal...friggin cold ride to work though LOL. it's been unstable at startup for a while now, the cold might have had an effect. might need to check if i have these hoses. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
So this week my hyper was being a bitch to start. She would turn over an idle for maybe 30 seconds when cold then die. I would have to crack the throttle open just to keep it idleing. I had no idea what was causing it. I was planning on calling the stealership for service later this week when I had time.

So yesterday I decided to remove the Evap junk. Thats when I noticed this

This little hose goes from what I think is a vacuum switch to the air intake. I replaced this hose with some clear tubing and small zip ties I picked up at home depot which you can see in this picture.

She now idles nice and smooth when cold. I'm not sure what the vacuum switch tells the ecm but if you find your 795 not wanting to stay running when cold check these little bastards.
Thanks for the reply. I had the same thing happen to me when I was in my way back from Tennessee to Ny... stopped in Va and it just sputtered out. Inspected the bike and saw those vacuum hoses, one had come off. I had cut the hose where it split and attached it back to the nipple. It worked enough to get back to home but I am having similar problems months later so I may have to replace them all. I did find a vacuum hose at an auto parts store but it still was slightly to big. It’s a really small diameter and I think there are four of them on my hyper.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts