Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I recently picked up a new 2012 796ABS monster. I love the bike been riding a lot and I'm due for my fist service. While talking to the dealer I was told that getting the termignoni system would smooth out some of the lugging in lower RPMS. Is this true? I've also read that going down to 14T in the front will help.

The Termi system sounds kind of expensive for what it is, are there really any power gains? Would going with a re flashed ECU and other pipes help?

What are your experiences?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Guys,

I recently picked up a new 2012 796ABS monster. I love the bike been riding a lot and I'm due for my fist service. While talking to the dealer I was told that getting the termignoni system would smooth out some of the lugging in lower RPMS. Is this true? I've also read that going down to 14T in the front will help.

The Termi system sounds kind of expensive for what it is, are there really any power gains? Would going with a re flashed ECU and other pipes help?

What are your experiences?
I would get your ecu reflashed to raise rev limiter, map the ecu for slipons, and eliminate o2 sensors... And also get a slipon exhaust of your choice... Save yourself a bunch of money and you can choose whatever exhaust you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would get your ecu reflashed to raise rev limiter, map the ecu for slipons, and eliminate o2 sensors... And also get a slipon exhaust of your choice... Save yourself a bunch of money and you can choose whatever exhaust you want.

Any recommendations on which ECU re-flash?

Sorry I'm a total newb to this ECU FI stuff, I'm coming off carb bikes :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Any recommendations on which ECU re-flash?

Sorry I'm a total newb to this ECU FI stuff, I'm coming off carb bikes :)
Few options. You can buy a unit like Rexxer or protune. They give you hardware to reflash your ecu. This is pricier but allows you to reflash multiple times if your mods change..

Secons option is mailing your ecu into a company and then they mail it back. Mota-lab is the one I used. There might be some others out there. This option is cheaper. But you are without the ability to ride your bike for awhile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rexxer one looks good, any sites in north America sell them?

With the rexxer, would it be beneficial still if i had the stock pipes?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The rexxer one looks good, any sites in north America sell them?

With the rexxer, would it be beneficial still if i had the stock pipes?
Rexxer works well, I had mine shipped to me in US from there shop. email them & they will respond Christian is who I delt with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would adding a Bazzaz do the same thing as an ECU reflash but give you the option to fine tune?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts