Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i have recently been getting my '78 darmah in better shape. it's really quite excellent mechanically; could certainly use a cosmetic refresh.

anyway, i was wondering if anyone has ever done seat modification? i would really like something a bit wider, and perhaps even w/an inch or two higher riding position. it seems the bend in my legs is just the tiniest bit more than optimal for comfort. ah, isn't getting older grand! certainly beats the alternative, though... :D

thanks!

doug s.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Ask around your local bike shops for a good upholstery guy in your area, (especially Harley shops), sometimes the guy will do cars, others just advertise furniture work but theres some guy in the shop does motorcycles too. Should run around a $100-150 here in the states with imitation leather; in my area even cheaper with a lot of quality workers available. By going local you will have a chance to test out the new padding for shape and comfort before they mount the exterior cover and you will get what you want. There will be somebody who does bikes, find that guy but keep looking until you do - it is a specialized application of upholstery skills and you don't want to be someones first bike seat effort on a nice old classic like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip; there's one guy local to me that seems he might be worth a gander - anyone have any experience with john longo?

thanks!

doug s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts