Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New to Ducati so you will have to put up with me being a bit slow at first.

I have fitted a Multistrada master cylinder to replace the shot stock one (black fluid and bits floteing about, clutch refusing to engage when warm)

I want to fit some nice levers now but they did not come with the plunger. I have killed the old master cylinder lever by just trying to unscrew it from the nipple so am I missing a trick?

I can not afford to screw the next one up or I will need to by a new plunger. Can I just buy a new plunger to make life eaisier?

I hope I have explained this correctly.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
you do need to use that plunger unless you fab one from a stainless or corrossive resistant bolt. I have not seen spares available, ever.

There is a small set screw you need to take out first, some recommend heat to break the thread-lock on the set screw.

For what seems to be a rather easy task, is not that easy the first time around. I know, the first time effed up the plunger so badly i had to make one using an old bolt, grinder, file and metal sand paper.

The next step, you will likely rip the rubber boot when trying to put the plunger back through. Good news is you can take the rubber boot out, carefully, and slip over plunger during assembly. In case of ripping the boot, a guy in the superbike section found a KTM replacement part.

Brembo Boot for radial masters - KTM# 61013008000

I just ordered some from ktmpartspitstop.com, other KTM part sites may have them too.

if at first you don't succeed, buy spare parts for the second time around...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for this.

We have a long bank holiday weekend starting tomorrow so I might get out and give it ago again.

Given the standard British weather I doubt I will get out to ride so I might as well tinker

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
just got an update from the vendor, parts are backordered into second week of July. Be careful with the boot removal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts