Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice build!
Why not use the tail light from a 900SL while it it in my eyes looks like a slimmer fit to the Superlight tail. The taillight lens from the 900SL also got the built in reflector (reflex) which the 851 lens doesn´t have?!
I also love the look of the instrumentation, how do you do with the speedosignal and where do you get the tachosignal for the enginerevs?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

Looking good Gray.
Where did you get your brake and clutch lines and fittings?
TheLimey: The brake lines are from Melvin(Germany) you can get them in many differnt colors... pretty cool stuff
The oil lines are Goodridge, those you can get in the USA.

900SL said:
Very nice build!
Why not use the tail light from a 900SL while it it in my eyes looks like a slimmer fit to the Superlight tail. The taillight lens from the 900SL also got the built in reflector (reflex) which the 851 lens doesn´t have?!
I also love the look of the instrumentation, how do you do with the speedosignal and where do you get the tachosignal for the enginerevs?
The 750/900SS has the same tail light as the SL and if needed I can add a reflector below the license plate. Most modern digital gauges don't need/use a cable for the speedometer. The sensor is placed at the counter-shaft (sprocket cover) or front/rear wheel. Mine uses a stock sensor from a 620/800/1000ss. The sensor is a magnetic field type(I think they all are...) and sits near the rear brake disk bolts (which are steel and not titanum like the rest of the bolts on my bike...). The tach signal comes directly from the ECU but you could also connect it to a signal wire on one of the coils.

Thanks again guys!

Gray

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hi,

I have the tail light installed and have wired the turn signals using AMP connectors... Now I just need to make a new bracket for the fuse box and I can put it back togeather :)

Gray

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I am Calling it "done"...

Hi Guys,

Well, after literally years of tinkering and way too much money I am going to call it done... at least for now :smile2:
I reprogrammed the EDU again, (it went lean with the Pistals) added 10% more fuel and put the body work on it.

So, here are a few pics:

And here is it's permanent home...

Thanks for stopping in and following along. :smile2:

Gray

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments guys :smile2:

That blinker & plate bracket (tail tidy) looks great Gray.
I'm looking for similar; have you thought about making them to order?
No, I have not thought about that... The brackets are made to work with the 851 tail light. I don't think that most people are going to want to cut and drill the Carbon plate to fit as well as make an adaptor to fit a stock light.

Thanks again :smile2:

Gray

81 - 91 of 91 Posts