Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is the first installment in this build... The pic is not the best quality but you guys can see that it is already a motorcycle :).

I will try to get more done next weekend and will hopefully get some better pics.

Thanks for stopping in...

Gray:think:

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
That looks very nice so far Gray,keep up the good work. :cool:

Like the Moto-Master flame rotors,I use them on my bike too.

What brand of front forks are you using?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
RU trying to get oil stains on your persian/pakistani carpet so that it will have more value as an antique? Oh yeah, nice SS so far! One of Ducati's better looking bikes, IMHO

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

stoshmonster,
Those are Marzocchi RAC 43's (they were originally installed on a Bimota DB7)

Mad Dog,
The nicer carpet is under the table... I did not want to scratch my frame while assembling the bike ;)

marlin917vs,
That is the dining room... I would have to push the bike up a flight of stairs to work on it infront of the kitchen table.

SJTrance,
The rims are carrozzeria and like the forks are annodized red... I love the color and after seeing them had to own them.

Thanks again,
Gray:think:

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi !
good to hear this engine will finally roar in its final version!!
can't wait to hear your comments form the first road test !

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi thib :)

I will take a while but eventually I will get it up and running.

I have managed to get a little more work done... I have installed radial mastercylinders (Brembo RCS(18/20) and Accossato 16x16). Calipers are P4's(new) stolen from an Aprilia ;). EFI rail is installed (is from a 750ssie and has a regulator) as well as a pair of quick disconnects(fuel line)... Waiting on parts at the moment. The exhaust I still have to fabricate, will be an undertail system. Shock is a Wilbers 640 with the ride hight turned all the way out (length is 335mm)

ok, here is a pic... sorry about the quality, it is really dark in this old house...

Thanks for stopping in :)

Gray

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Has been a while, progress is going slowly on this project. At the moment it is hard to find time to work on it...

If you guys have any questions just let me know... I orderd the body work yesterday. I will need to get the tank stripped and fit up the bodywork then I can start painting...

Gray

·
Registered
577 Posts
very nice! I see a headlight so it's going to be a street machine? or will it pull double duty at the track?

PS. what kinda of dash is that? any pics of it turned on?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very nice! I see a headlight so it's going to be a street machine? or will it pull double duty at the track?

PS. what kinda of dash is that? any pics of it turned on?
It will be a pure street bike and "park it in my living room" art piece...

The dash is from TransLogic. If you go to their web site you can see pics of the dash on. Looks really cool though and is much lighter than the original clocks.

Gray

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What color(s) you thinking for the body??? I see you have a nice red / black theme with the white frame. Curious how you're gonna tie it all together.

Looks great!
Hi,

I am going to paint it the same color as the black 92 900ss. I think should look pretty good with the red rims and white frame...

Gray

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Oooooh, very classy, love the color on the rims and forks, Brembo set-up is also very nice. Will you also use the TransLogic quickshifter?

Great job so far, anxiously awaiting the end result.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oooooh, very classy, love the color on the rims and forks, Brembo set-up is also very nice. Will you also use the TransLogic quickshifter?

Great job so far, anxiously awaiting the end result.
Ducpton, I won't be using a quick shifter.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :)

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Hi,

Has been a while, progress is going slowly on this project. At the moment it is hard to find time to work on it...

If you guys have any questions just let me know... I orderd the body work yesterday. I will need to get the tank stripped and fit up the bodywork then I can start painting...

Gray
Looks great taking your time is a good thing........Dash looks good, looks stock.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts