Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new headlight holder (the part of frame where you mount headlight, speedo-meter, front fairing etc.).
However, the parts manual shows 3 different part numbers for headlight holders. 82910361C (d.m. 021406); 82910361BA (d.m. 012263, f.m. 021405) and 82910361A (f.m. 012262).

How do I know which one I need? Or are they all the same?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The last part number is the same as the one in my copy of the parts manual. Putting all 3 numbers in Ducati Omaha's part number look-up site

http://www.motospecialties.com/partorderlookup.asp?store=DucatiOmaha

Says that all have updated part numbers.

82910361A (the one in my manual) comes up as Headlight support assembly 82910361BA. (THE PART NUMBER YOU ENTERED HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH AN UPDATED PART NUMBER)

If it was me, I'd print out the page and part numbers and take it in to a dealer. Pretty sure all headlight frames for 750 and 900 were the same over the years.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a difference in price though. The "BA" one costs about 30 euro's more... If all are the same, I'll go for the cheapest :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
colour would be one difference - white frame bikes had black headlight frames. also the style of loom connector changed and with it the mounting systems for the connectors - little tabs on the frame to hold them, that sort of deal. i'd be surprised if you could get anything other than the last production style now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they are not completly interchangeble?

edit: I have a black mounting now on my '93 bike (bronze frame)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something can take the confusion away: the frame number!

Does anyone know if the Ducati 900SS and 750SS frame numbers follow up? It's is the same kind of frame right? So frame's with number up to 012263 for example could well be 900SS's or 750SS's?
Or does the 750SS have it's own series of frame numbers?

A parts manual for a 750SS MY93 could help aswell :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think it may have been said on a forum (may not have been this one) that the main frames were the same - even the 600SS frame but I don't remember for sure or where I saw that info.

The frame numbers (the one stamped on the steering stem) are a bit hazy because the 900 starts with ZDM906 and that could mean that they could start the 750 numbers with a new series and have a 750 and 900 with the last 6 digits the same - anyone?

Not too sure about the VIN number either as they will decode to the engine size originally fitted - 900, 750. My VIN and frame both end in 012251 - steering stem starts ZDM906 and the VIN decodes to an aircooled 900. My headlight frame is a matt or satin black.

I rechecked the parts manual I have here (900) - dated 02/97 - it has the same 3 part numbers you listed but only those that end in 1A, 1B and 1BA. Using the Ducati Omaha part number look-up, 1A and 1B update to the 1BA number and is the cheapest (US$313). The 1C number is not in my parts manual and updates to 1D and is US$407.

At first I thought there may have been a difference between the SS and SL headlight frame but it doesn't show that.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll try and ask the frame question to Ducati North Europe. They should be able to give me a part number by knowing my frame number I guess.
Otherwise I'll just order the part at a local dealer. If they get it wrong, it's up to them to get the right one.

The main frame are indeed the same, but the start of the frame number is indeed different. My starts with ZDM750 (who would have thought :think:).

4th of august I can go to the dealer for the 40k km maintenance, hope I have a new headlight holder by then :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ducati North Europe just informed me I need part 82910361BA. This goes for all 750SS from '91 - '97.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts