Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 7500 miles on my last ride of the year back towards the end of September 2019 before I put her up for the winter. This weekend I am taking her in to get the valves checked. I have to say I am a little nervous about the soft valve guides. I am taking her in to the DucShop, so I know she will get well cared for. I asked Mark what he thought and he basically said it was hit or miss for these engines. Next year I will be going through the same thing on the Paul Smart. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hit 7500 miles on my last ride of the year back towards the end of September 2019 before I put her up for the winter. This weekend I am taking her in to get the valves checked. I have to say I am a little nervous about the soft valve guides. I am taking her in to the DucShop, so I know she will get well cared for. I asked Mark what he thought and he basically said it was hit or miss for these engines. Next year I will be going through the same thing on the Paul Smart. Fingers crossed!
Did the same service plus replaced the belts. Everything checked out fine. I wouldn’t sweat it, I’m sure it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did the same service plus replaced the belts. Everything checked out fine. I wouldn’t sweat it, I’m sure it will be fine.
Yea, getting my belts replaced as well. Not that worried but it is in the back of my mind. Blame the paranoia on reading a few old posts.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I picked up my bike over the weekend. Everything checked out fine. Had the valves adjusted, barely out of spec, adjusted throttle, a little too much play and had the belts replaced while they were doing the work. Very happy with the price as well. A little under $500.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well I picked up my bike over the weekend. Everything checked out fine. Had the valves adjusted, barely out of spec, adjusted throttle, a little too much play and had the belts replaced while they were doing the work. Very happy with the price as well. A little under $500.
That’s a hell of a deal for all that work! Where did you have it done??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that was what I thought. I usually go to another Ducati mechanic that is near me but it was hard to get my bike over there because of their work hours. They also wanted $900+ just to do the valves. I got the work done at The Ducshop in Atlanta. They are open on Saturday, which makes it easy to take over there on Saturday morning and then pick up the following weekend.

https://ducshop.com

That’s a hell of a deal for all that work! Where did you have it done??

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

Did you check your engine #? You might be ok. My 2K7 GT was.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No i didn't bother checking the numbers. From posts I had read from the past, it seemed even some of the engines that were not within the specified range still had problems. I figured it is what it is and would just deal with whatever happened. I've still got another year before I have my PS done, about the same time next year.

Did you check your engine #? You might be ok. My 2K7 GT was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts