Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I'm a new owner of a 2000 750 sport (matt black, single disk brake, wet clutch)! I bought the bike with limited service history so wanted to change the oil, filters, plugs and belts.
Would this model fit have the same parts as the super sport model???
Could anyone suggest oil and air filter's i should be looking for? or where i could get the belts from??

Cheers Joel

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes it will fit the same parts as the 99+ supersport, except for some 1000ds parts.

aftermarket options for oil filters would be the chrome fram filter or the k&n w/ the loosening nut for convenience. performance is better than stock but with regular oil changes either aftermarket or stock will be fine, get whatever is cheapest or more readily available in your area.

its pretty much OEM only for the belts, you can get these from a dealer or on the california cycleworks site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just bought a set of belts for my 750ss 97 model......cost me $85.00 from dealer.
oil filtes Have not found after market ones, but they are mid $20's oil is around $45.00 for 5lts 4T I use either 10w50 or 15w50

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Parts catalogue

You can use this link and download a PDF (circa 4Mb) that shows exploded pics of you whole bike and the Duc part numbers. You could also download a 900 one so you can compare part numbers.

If you are doing belts, you will need to tension them properly and remember engine oil and filter change is best after warming the engine to help pick up any crap that may have settled in the various oil ways.

I spoke to my local mech but have not checked Duc availability - there are stainless steel, washable filters available. Not cheap to start with, but should pay off in the long run.

Fuel filter - check this earlier post for relocating it under the seat - much easier and hence cheaper to replace. The Duc filter is has Knetch and Mahle on it. I am using the KL24, which is slightly longer that the Duc one, but as it is under the seat, length is not an issue. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=39907

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys thats a great help! Love the California cycleworks site, got myself a K&N air and oil filter, belts, plugs... the workshop manual will come handy as well!!

Has anyone changed the belts before. Is there much to know apart from the tension?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Belt change is pretty easy on that motor. Just line things (i.e., crank and cams) up with the marks on cases and belt cover backings before the old ones come off, then make sure they are lined up again when the new ones go on. The cams want to move out of position due to tension from the helper springs, but it's not that hard to wrestle them back, and it's pretty obvious from the marks if you are off by an entire tooth, which is the minimum amount that you can be off.

Of course, don't rotate the crank once the belts are off, or you could set the timing off by 360 degrees even with all the marks lined up. That would not be good.

Set tension so that a 5-mm allen key just passes between the belt and the idler pulley (not the tensioner pulley).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts