Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 74 750 that’s got a standard double seat. It needs redone. I like the look of the single “sport” style seat, and have found 1 seller that has these that fit the dimensions of the GT. Ideally, I’d like to have both and swap out if I plan on having a passenger.

From what I’ve read, Ducati did have a version(seems rare) that fit the sport that was a double (“bump”incorporated into the leather).

I’ve considered making my own single seat out of fiberglas. Anybody out there done this, or have any suggestions for single seat options? If so, how are they mounted?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just looked up the company, it’s “air tech”. $139 + shipping for the seat. I think it’s just molded plastic you’ve gotta figure out the mounting on your own. Anybody used these guys, if so, any success, pictures???

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
AirTech is good stuff, used many of their products over the years. It is usually race weight fiberglass and will need to have a solid base to sit on so it doesn't flex/crack in use. It will require that you fab up mounts and your own seat cover/padding. So it isn't just a bolt on operation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts