Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just bought my 2nd 750 monster, but its a project as it is missing some parts and has some carb or coil issues and not running the best. My hanes manual doesnt tell me what size the starter jets are stock, and if they are both the same ( the kid had one side a 172.5 and the other a 180?

also how do you remove the pilot screw plug without jacking it up??

it is a 99 750 monster, 12:1 pistons, new timing belts, K&N pods and for now ill have to run stock pipes.

also, with the K&N pods he plugged the "top breather" tubes, the ones on the carb that would connect to the airbox.

I'll post some pics, but i stole this bike, well if i get it running good that is

Thanks
David

·
Registered
539 Posts
according to the dealer i spoke to the other day 172.5 is stock yes they are both the same... screwdrivers how i did it on mine yesterday!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks,
put 172.5 in both, and put the mains at 150. there were a couple of vaccum leaks that i fixed (new rubber plugs) i borrowed a manometer and sinced the carbs. it runs smooth off idle up to 3/4 throttle but falls out big time if you wide open throttle it either while riding or just revving it.
i have the breathers on the carbs, and the breather on the side of the intakes plugged.

150 mains
stock needle 2nd from the top, also tried 3rd from the top same result... any ideas?? may be the diaphrams on the slides, but they appear to be good, or could it be wrong slide springs?? or weak coils? (havent checked coils yet)

anyone who has eliminated the airbox, and went with clamp ons, please post your changes so i can try to get closer

thanks
D

·
Registered
539 Posts
i believe the dealer told me 130 mains sounds like if ur choking out like that ur floats arent working correctly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the floats, plus one half blocked main did the trick. Still not great up top i think i am still a little lean 150 mains, but very rideable. THanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
the floats, plus one half blocked main did the trick. Still not great up top i think i am still a little lean 150 mains, but very rideable. THanks for the help.
Looks great :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how do you know if its not a stock arm?
I compared it to my wifes 2000 monster and it is different? is it aftermarket or did they make changes from 99 to 2000?
the 99 sits a lil higher than the 00 and the forks appear different too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow i definately have an aftermarket swinger??
thanks for the close up pic.

believe it or not, i picked this up not far from you, harbor springs. We actually ate dinner in traverse, should be up that way for the venician fest with the bikes, we got two ducs :) the wife has a 2000 750

1 - 11 of 11 Posts