Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a kickstart lever bolt for my '75 750 Sport. This is an odd one as the lever rotates around the clamp and is fastened to the clamp with a shouldered bolt. I tried bevelheaven (no) and miller specialties (no response). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
If you can make a drawing of it, I will make a new one and nut for you for free. ( you pay shipping). I have some nice 17-4ph barstock here that ought to be ideal for such a caprice.

I'm offering this because I have been in love with that Sport Ducati for years and this minor kindness will surely establish me in your will...lol. Actually I am making some new pinch bolts and stuff for my Norton in the next few weeks so this is very convenient..

( Caution- it will look like your drawing, so draw well !)

oldsport said:
I am looking for a kickstart lever bolt for my '75 750 Sport. This is an odd one as the lever rotates around the clamp and is fastened to the clamp with a shouldered bolt. I tried bevelheaven (no) and miller specialties (no response). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow, what a nice offer! If I draw a 66 March 1 for you, can you make up one of those for me? HAHAAA.

Only a Ducati nutt would make a part for another nutt. All together, nutts!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bevel450 said:
If you can make a drawing of it, I will make a new one and nut for you for free. ( you pay shipping). I have some nice 17-4ph barstock here that ought to be ideal for such a caprice.

I'm offering this because I have been in love with that Sport Ducati for years and this minor kindness will surely establish me in your will...lol. Actually I am making some new pinch bolts and stuff for my Norton in the next few weeks so this is very convenient..

( Caution- it will look like your drawing, so draw well !)
That is surely a fine offer but .... I only have the threaded portion and can only guess what the whole thing looked like as unknown part fell out during a ride -- probably broke while starting the bike. I will take some measurements as soon as I can get the buggered threaded end out of the lever and thus the lever off the bike. Right now I can't seem to pull it out the bottom with an easy out or twist it out the way it went in. Next step is a careful grind with the Dremel. I will be in touch and thanks. (About the will - first my son then my brother who sold me the bike, then . . .)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
oldsport said:
(About the will - first my son then my brother who sold me the bike, then . . .)
.......and THEN me ???? lol

hey, the offer stands. tell me when you are ready.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
oldsport said:
That is surely a fine offer but .... I only have the threaded portion and can only guess what the whole thing looked like as unknown part fell out during a ride
If you look at this website http://www.duc.nu/manuals/ there is a parts manual for 750GT Sport, is that the same bike? - you might see the part and get an idea of what you need. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, to Bevel450, I have the lever apart and have initial dimensions - working on a drawing and trying to obtain true dimensions from the aussies (road and race). I will be in touch (I am old and slow).

To DukeDesmo, thanks for the catalog site, I now have a parts catalog for oldsport and the part number for my quest.

To ward, thanks for the gowanloch site, that's one I didn't know. I have queried them and road and race for availability (no from r&r) and dimensions.

To all, my son says he will contest any will that does not bequeath him oldsport (he is willing to forego the new Sport 1000), and my brother is waiting with a check any time I'm ready to sell it back to him. So far I have resisted all cash offers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trid741 said:
Looking for an oil pump gear and lower bevel gears for 72 750 Sport - anyone have that new or used?
Thanks
Richard
You might try John Long at Long's Motorcycles in Miami. Believe he has a web site and email.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Gowanloch have been fixing Ducs for at least 2.5 decades that I know of... just hide a little on the 'Net!

As to the son... tell him he's evil, fighting over the inheritance BEFORE the old fella has shuffled off this mortal coil. Tell him to show some respect!
;)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
ward said:
..........As to the son... tell him he's evil, fighting over the inheritance BEFORE the old fella has shuffled off this mortal coil. Tell him to show some respect!
;)
Hey my thoughts exactly. I mean....who does he think he is, anyway ? To diss the elders like that and try to cut in line ? Somethings just not right....lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bevel450 said:
Hey my thoughts exactly. I mean....who does he think he is, anyway ? To diss the elders like that and try to cut in line ? Somethings just not right....lol

Hey, I'll be gone. You guys fight it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trid741 said:
Looking for an oil pump gear and lower bevel gears for 72 750 Sport - anyone have that new or used?
Thanks
Richard
I found a site in Germany that lists a bunch of in-stock parts for bevels:

www.desmo-ducati.de

They even have the bolt I'm looking for listed by the duc part number. I am waiting for a reply to my email query. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts