Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, bought it. Really just to set aside as I have a damaged fin on my current head.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Head looks perfect and mine is "rough" including a broken fin. I have the fin, but having a low mileage head is just easier. Have no intention of ever selling... but who knows what heirs will do?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Head looks perfect and mine is "rough" including a broken fin. I have the fin, but having a low mileage head is just easier. Have no intention of ever selling... but who knows what heirs will do?
Typically the old fin material isn't used to repair the fin, new material is added by the welder. Maybe you can install the new head while repairing the old - heads come off and on bevel engines quickly. Twenty years ago I was referred to Mackey Welding in Sierra Madre for a literally perfect job on Darmah head, but Yelp says he's closed. Maybe you can find somebody who took over his role in the LA area motorcycle world.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks silvaire. Have begun checking around. My plan at this point is to leave old head in place and just ride. Looking for painless way to register in California. Bike was last registered in Vermont in 2003 (it didn't have a title as Vermont never issued titles to new vehicles until 2000). Maybe the easiest way is to renew registration in Vermont then register here in Cali?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts