Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 675, was kind of torn btw the 749 and the 675. Anybody on here have any opinions on the bikes? I had an 03 mille for a while, and I really enjoy the riding qualities of a twin, but the triple seemed to me to be the best of both worlds. BTW the diff. in money allowed me to throw the full arrow system onto my 675.

http://media.putfile.com/arrow-14

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
japanese bikes

I have compared it to the Honda 600rr and the Kawa 636, as I have ridden both, and my 03 Mille.

The Japanese 600 bikes are just very annoying for me to ride well. It takes a lot of work to keep them in the powerband, and it is very easy to upset their otherwise balanced chassis when you are constantly changing gear. I mean, one would get used to it eventually, but I find it unrewarding. Maybe I am just lazy. :sleep:

The 675 makes a nice amount of power from 3500k on, and has some serious balls at 8 grand up until 12500k . I guess the best way I could put it is that it makes power like a twin, but feels smooth like an inline 4, if that makes any sense.

The bike feels TINY! I always liked Ducati's because of their size and dimensions (I'm 5'8) but this bike really seems like you have nothing underneath you. I have yet to take it to the track, so I can only comment on the street riding I have done, but turn in is quick (so quick I found myself having to decrease my input) and mid corner adjustments are done with absolutely no fuss. The bike is as stable as my Mille mid-corner, if not more so, and it is the only motor that sounds as good as an Italian twin.

Again I have not had any track time on it yet, but so far I love it.

I am also lucky to have Bill Himmelsbach at Martin Eurosports working on my bike. He synched up my throttle bodies, removed the flapper system from the intake, re-routed all my cables (which were screwy from the factory) and pretty much made the bike run a million times better. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.