Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 749s. Took 20min start up but it sounded very boggy & had NO power...? Yesterday I did put in fuel cleaner/boost. Please help if u have any ideas or solutions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
you didn't do what this guy did, did you?

i'm only questioning because based on what you said, the only thing "different" that you've done to your bike put additives in. you can try and empty out the tank and add fresh fuel in and see if that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
749s wont start

Larry, i put the whole container in...! it still is not starting. but only with starting fluid, & then dies.
just got new injectors, fuel filter, air filter... guess it may need a fuel pump?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Larry, i put the whole container in...! it still is not starting. but only with starting fluid, & then dies.
just got new injectors, fuel filter, air filter... guess it may need a fuel pump?
Before changing anything I'd dump the fuel thats in the tank now - but keep it -put fresh fuel in, run it to clear out the excessive amount of cleaner in the tank, then put a 1/4 of the fuel you dumped out and run it. If that helps, next time you need fuel only use a little of the dumped fuel with a full tank. If you still have running problems it may be something else --- but doubt it......!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts