Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Europe here humbly asking for some advice,

Ive got an 05' 749S, full termi's with ecu and filter. The issue I'm having is regarding throttle lag or response. Typical scenario might be on the highway in 3'rd gear, I open the throttle fully at around 4-5000rpm only to experience a lag or I might get a small surge of acceleration-lag-then the acceleration continues.
It does not happen all the time, but when it does occur its usually when I open the throttle quickly.

I also get the typical stop light stall sometimes. Ive learned to compensate with some throttle on downshifts so its not really bugging me that much, just informing in case its related.

The bike was services in february and I have'nt put many miles on it since then.

Any tips will be appreciated as I still have the bike under warranty from the dealer, and would like to get everything in order before it runs out.

PS. Sorry if this issue has been discussed in previous posts, did a search without luck...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure at some point the TPS has been reset after the dealer put on the termis and new ecu don't you think? Or is that reset something that you should do regularly?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I find most exhaust mods will cause a lean spot around the 4000 rpm mark on a 749. A full system will make it worse.a pc111 that's mapped will cure it, richening your ecu will make. It slightly better at a cost of fuel mileage as adjusting the stock or termi ecu adjusts it for the whole range.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 749s with full termi but no lag issue. Even stop light stalling problem bothers me sometimes. But I went -1 front sprocket and +2 in rear. It helped with throttle response.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm sure at some point the TPS has been reset after the dealer put on the termis and new ecu don't you think? Or is that reset something that you should do regularly?
Are you sure? Check with the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts