Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of all the stupid things that could happen :think:

-Went to install a new lightweight battery in my bike, and the lead extension for the ground failed as I turned the bike on (lights came on, fuel pump started priming, then everything went dark), So just the positive terminal was connected for a couple minutes.

-After checking all of the fuses (some of which had backed out, none were blown), the bike would power on, prime, click, but not turn over. Same behavior with both new and old battery.

-Went through reseated all of the fuses, verified that the starter motor cranks when it's connected directly to a battery, connect everything...and the bike starts consistently!

The problem now is that it's running beyond rich at idle (passing unburnt fuel through the exhaust), idling at 1500-2000rpm and having trouble holding that idle :( There is a PC3 in the loop, but it appears to be working normally...anyone have thoughts on what to check next?

I should have access to a known good ecu/dash/etc to test with in the next couple days thanks an incredibly gracious forum member.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I'd try disconnecting the PCIII...maybe it was damaged by the electric issues. Also, maybe the TPS setting got screwed up during the electrical problems. Try having it reset.
Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I see you posted up on DNW. Follow the advice on disconnecting the PCIII and checking all the grounds/connections, then call Dave in the morning. Ducati Bellevue is a great shop, they should be able to help you.

Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts