Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
TOUGH choice...I've seen and heard (with an aftermarket system) both in person. The 749 is still the better looking of the two, hands down. I like the 675 better than most of the jap bikes and if I was in the market for a jap bike she would be a serious contender. Performace, it may walk on the 749 and the S, but that's just not everything to me any more. Ride reports on her seem to be great. It sounded OK. Not a Duc. But, at the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong either way. Opinions are awesome and I know we all love talking about this stuff but just remember when you to to bed at night, YOU have to be happy...not us!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
look at a 3 to 10 year old triumph,and then a 3to 10 year old ducati ,and then ask which you want in your garage.

·
Registered
396 Posts
What koas said is true. A Triumph will depreciate significantly within a few years of purchase.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
galaxy said:
TOUGH choice...I've seen and heard (with an aftermarket system) both in person. The 749 is still the better looking of the two, hands down. I like the 675 better than most of the jap bikes and if I was in the market for a jap bike she would be a serious contender. Performace, it may walk on the 749 and the S, but that's just not everything to me any more. Ride reports on her seem to be great. It sounded OK. Not a Duc. But, at the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong either way. Opinions are awesome and I know we all love talking about this stuff but just remember when you to to bed at night, YOU have to be happy...not us!
AMEN! I own a 998 and a Triumph Sprint RS (the '04 with single sided swingarm.). That Triple is one hell of a motor, make no mistake. I'd love to experience it in the 675 Daytona. Far better for the street than the Jap 600's imho. As for the styling, that's another one of those personal preference things. Since I tend not to buy things for their (predicted) resale value 5-10 yrs. in the future, I don't much care about this issue. Others may differ. But, let me pose this question: if the new Ducati Superbike is a real head turner, will the 749/999 be seen as the "ugly duckling" between it and the 916/996/998? Then what about values? If it were me, I'd try to decide how I was going to use a new bike, ride them both, sit on a chair and stare at each for 15 min. and then decide. I'd own either bike.

bruce19

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
bruce19 said:
AMEN! I own a 998 and a Triumph Sprint RS (the '04 with single sided swingarm.). That Triple is one hell of a motor, make no mistake. I'd love to experience it in the 675 Daytona. Far better for the street than the Jap 600's imho. As for the styling, that's another one of those personal preference things. Since I tend not to buy things for their (predicted) resale value 5-10 yrs. in the future, I don't much care about this issue. Others may differ. But, let me pose this question: if the new Ducati Superbike is a real head turner, will the 749/999 be seen as the "ugly duckling" between it and the 916/996/998? Then what about values? If it were me, I'd try to decide how I was going to use a new bike, ride them both, sit on a chair and stare at each for 15 min. and then decide. I'd own either bike.

bruce19
Agreed. Besides, I don't think 749 resale is a question anyway. Ask anyone trying to sell an '03 or '04. They are already going for rock bottom prices.

Tony

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i'm not meaning resale as much as the timeless look of the bikes .if your not a fan of the 749-999 style,you won't be buying ,but i'd take any duc superbike styling over the triumph.the 675 is a great bike i,m sure but then so is the gsxr,r6,zx etc.another way to put it is i like my 03 as much as the new 06's,and bet 07's,couldn't say that about the competition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts