Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowing up on track days due to my new status as daddy-o of twins, and need to consolidate my garage. So now I’m putting my 2005 DUCATI 749R up for grabs. It's got the works, and sadly I will never get near the potential out of it that it has. It’s a wicked light, flickable and very exclusive Italian supermodel that's not so pristine that you'll feel like a douchebag tracking it. Set up for track only, it has a rebuilt engine to be fast but practical and bullet proof (tuned for 91 fuel w/ about 300 miles on the pistons).

If you’re unfamiliar w/ the 749r, it’s a sweet little number that was originally built to homologate the 749 in World Supersport. Ducati had to produce only a handful of the beauties. Built only in 2005, they came equipped with ti rods, valves, hi-lift cams, stiffer chassis and swingarm, and the standard race issue Ohlins front and back. They were rated 121hp stock, but this one has been modified w/ all the Corsa parts and now rips at 134+hp.

This one boasts a recently rebuilt engine and tuning for ’91 fuel by expert mechanic Scott Jenkins at Desmotosport in San Francisco. Scott knows this particular bike inside and out as he was manager of the guy who used to race it, and he'll stand by the rebuild. The new engine was run in on the dyno and has 1 track day. There’s been easily $40k+ invested into this little beauty that regularly podium-ed when raced against its bigger brothers in open twins back in '09.

Includes the following goodies...

- 848 Big bore kit
- Ducati Corse race engine kit upgrade worth 10k: includes Corse heads, cams, upgrated Ducati Corse 749R ECU, 57ml Termignoni stainless/ti system
- Slipper clutch
- 30ml offset triple clamps
- Ohlins Superbike valving kit in forks
- Brand new crank, bearings and rod bearings, broken in on dyno w/ 1 track day
- Magnesium wheels
- ¼ turn throttle
- larger fuel tank
- Almost-new Pirelli superbike diablo tires w/ only 2 sessions on rear 5 sessions on front. I'll include 1 brand new unused front w/ sale.
- Tuned for 91 fuel getting 134 BHP at rear wheel
- Oversized aftermarket radiator
- Brembo radial master cyclinder
- Race kit front fairing bracket and harness
- Carbon air runners
- Upgraded Shock: hi/low speed adjustable ohlins
- Upgraded rearsets
- Upgraded triple clamp

Bike is currently available for viewing and drooling at Desmotosport in SF.
Asking price: $8500 obo

Pictures here:
749r pictures by magnum2011 - Photobucket

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing machine! Had I not recently purchased my condo, you would be hearing from me. GLWS
Thanks Officer Bagels! You sir, are obviously a man of good taste.
It hurts a bit, but it's time to cut off my hot italian mistress. I'm a little weepy about it.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Pls raise you price several thousand dollars. :p You are making me feel bad about the roughly $7k I have into my track 749. It doesn't even approach what you've got there...

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pls raise you price several thousand dollars. :p You are making me feel bad about the roughly $7k I have into my track 749. It doesn't even approach what you've got there...

OMG. I paid 8500.00 for a 999 trackbike 2 months ago that didn't have nearly the awesome sauce that this has. This is a freaking steal. I second ducseeker.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man. You know, I posted a thread asking for input on price, but I think it got pulled down.
Oh well. I agree with both you guys. Price is now at 1 million dollars!

OMG. I paid 8500.00 for a 999 trackbike 2 months ago that didn't have nearly the awesome sauce that this has. This is a freaking steal. I second ducseeker.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Most people do not understand or know how much it takes to make xx9 series competitive. There is a huge difference between a really good setup xx9 and stock one.

·
Registered
445 Posts

Agree the price is way too low !! I build mine up on the racing parts and Scott sold me some of his inventions. I don't think I would sale my 749r for less than 30 k and even than I would have second thoughts. What surprises me is 134 HP that your bike is pushing on the big bore. I had my engine build by TJ at Ducati Millwauke and dyno by Brian at Win Race and mine is shy of 145 HP on the tire. Bottom line is don't sale it for less than thirt off what it's wart. !!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yep - unfortunately all the love n $ we pour into our bikes does not equate entirely into resale value - Ducs are meant to be ridden not sold - seller is a fair guy hard to come by these days everyone wants $$$$ - good luck with sale sure it will be gone soon

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.