Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations?

What are important features if anything? I am not sure if I am looking for adjustability. I am tall, 6'2. These are for a track only bike.

Thanks for opinions or advice.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I have Gilles on my bike and am happy with them. Lots of adjustability and Guido from Shift Tech can get replacement parts easily.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I have these on my 999.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
And those are the same as the slingshot racing ones, just MUCH more money. Slingshot sells there's on ebay for $249, though I'm pretty sure, only reverse shift, not quite sure if they bother making a standard shift.

Don't forget, its good to have junky rear sets if your on the track. Two most important spares; rear set pegs and brake/clutch levers.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
And those are the same as the slingshot racing ones, just MUCH more money. Slingshot sells there's on ebay for $249, though I'm pretty sure, only reverse shift, not quite sure if they bother making a standard shift.

Don't forget, its good to have junky rear sets if your on the track. Two most important spares; rear set pegs and brake/clutch levers.

True that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the Acculigns on mine. Pricey compared to others but excellent parts. I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Nobody makes anything good for the track, besides the fold-up DP ones, which are a grand. I've tried lots of other ones. I "settled" with sling shot racing's rear sets and shaved them down a bit so they weren't so long. Mind you, they're reverse shift only... if you want something with standard shift, you'll have to buy something fancy.
Same here on the Sling Shot Racing sets. He charges $37/set (or $25 for one) for extra pegs if you break em, and I think that is fair. You can order the sets without the levers and choose what you want for the clutch lever if you like. That is what I did. They charge $179 for the sets without the levers. Pretty good deal in my mind. You should ask if they have any discounts going on. He gave me a little off when I bought them ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-BLACK-REARSETS-REAR-SET-FOOT-PEGS-PEDAL-749-999_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35606QQihZ019QQitemZ290297775719QQtcZphoto#ht_2242wt_1343

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
So am I better off staying with stock?
The DP ones are the best, hands down... The stock sets are actually pretty dam good. they fold up, you can get them cheap online and if they fit you (they don't fit me) I'd just leave them be...

Go with the Woodcraft. I used them on several race bikes and really like the quality, price, and the fact I'm supporting a dude trying to make a living in Massachusetts, not a CNC operator in China. He's local to you...all good reasons. Support Local!! :)

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/default.asp
One reason I use SlingShot racing!

Look at it another way... When I asked Woodcraft to help out on the pricing for me since I have been on the podium all this year so far, they told me wait inline. Slingshot said, what do you need, here ya go! I'm a poor racer, I don't need to be spending money on stuff, SlingShot has always helped me out and better yet, makes stuff that isn't complicated. The Woodcraft rear sets are pretty complicated, they arn't just pieces of aluminum you bolt on, lots of adjustment goes into them...

BTW; The Motowheels rear sets are the same as the Slingshot ones, they're just as good/cheap and not made in China.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts