Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike to be my back up bike. After watching a bunch of car videos and not fnding many on bikes I desided to make one. What do you think? I could put together another video from pictures of my main 749R from the crank out. I hope you enjoy!!!

https://youtu.be/zUE3Mg9m5Jk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Awesome time lapse of taking the bike apart and putting it back together. I need someone like you to apprentice me. I would love to have the confidence to rebuild an entire bike. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice bike, please tell us more about the rebuild. what cardridges did you install in the ohlins front fork?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This bike I just was just refreshing the forks and checking what was in them. I believe the comp valve to be from Penske. Rebound I think is stock.
My main bike I swapped out the stock valves for the Ohlins 25mm SBK kit. It gave a lot more front end feel. I courous to see how the two compare. I will likely be installing the Ohlins kit in this bike too. But who knows.

I was surprised to see that the two bikes have different top caps and cartridges.

Another intresting thing is that the 06 has 2004 build dates all over it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got another a 749R and plan on going through the whole thing, plus I got a new phone that does time lapse so to yesterday I figure I would try it out. Here are my first two videos. I plan one pulling the front end out today and servicing the forks. What do you think? I'm going to shoot to keep them at 5-6 minutes and do the complete bike.

What system would you want to see? I think I'm tearing it down to the motor next weekend. Do I need to add music? I have not figured that part out yet on the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts